November 11, 2012

Life is Crazy and so is NaNoWriMo!

This week seemed to both crawl and fly by. Between days of trying to keep The Precious alive despite herself (or at least, that's what it has felt like!) and long days of errand-running, I have just not had time to do anything I meant to. I plan things every night and then am too tired to carry them out. The coming week, already full of appointments and funerals, is not looking good either. Added to the chaos, The Precious has been waking up at odd hours of the night all bright-eyed and bushy tailed, wanting to play for an hour or two! My sleep schedule is already way off.

So what have I done this week? I did manage to write a little over 1500 words for National Novel Writing Month, but you are supposed to write 1600 a day. I'm thinking that even if you don't begin at midnight, dead tired, that is probably a bit much to expect from oneself! To my horror, my nice creepy story about a diabolical garden club has managed to turn itself into a romance novel already in those 1500 words! What on Arda happened? I don't know. I do know, though, that the sudden change in plot has discouraged me to the point that I have not tried writing any more.

If you are curious as to my story and how I am doing with it, check it out here. While you're there, you can also find out how to start your own novel. It's not too late, but if you begin today you will have to write more than 1600 words per day. For me, sadly, it is up to 2,424, a number I will never be able to achieve! I think that the important thing is just to begin, however, and am glad I have at least tried. I may not manage to write a novel in a month, but maybe now I will write one within the next five years!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments civil and free of profanity. If you know my daughter's name, please do not post it here. Just refer to her as The Precious. Thank you!