November 14, 2012

My Picks for Winter Coats

I just love full-length coats. I live in Florida. I know that these things do not go together, but I can't help it. There's something about a nice long coat that is so long you can wrap up in it...it's like getting to wear a blanket all day without having to wear one of those dreadful Snuggies! The bad thing is, this year I can't fit into a single coat that I own, so I'm going to have to find a new one.

My absolute favourite, of course, is from Vivienne Westwood.



Court Coat

Obviously, it's a little out of my price range. Sigh.

On Etsy I'm loving the kooky original upcycled sweater coats by Enlightened Platypus. This one is in my favourite colour!

Plus Size Coat Reserved for Bella
It's gorgeous and fun, but unfortunately this one is out of my price range too.

Black and white tweed is always a good choice.
Giacca Hooded Tweed Wool Peacoat
We're getting closer...

This one isn't wool, or as long as I would like, but the piping is cute and it is water-resistent.

Merona Water Repellant Classic Trench Coat

Of course for special occasions there is one coat I have wanted for years!

Velvet Opera Coat

But that's out of the question too. I'll just have to find a coat that I can wear absolutely everywhere. And of course, I'll end up finding it in a thrift shop, because I think $10 will probably be my price limit this year! The great thing is, I have found lots of great coats in thrift shops over the years--in fact, I have only ever bought a new coat once, and that was because I was out of town on my honeymoon and very cold! Need I say that it was on sale?

When I find my coat I'll add its picture and price to this page :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments civil and free of profanity. If you know my daughter's name, please do not post it here. Just refer to her as The Precious. Thank you!