October 24, 2012

Card Fail

I decided that since I managed to make a nice card, I should go ahead and reshare my card fail from last year. Back then I was trying to run a blog called Le Bonne Vie Rurale but somehow the tone was more than I could handle. So anyway, here is the post.

"Today is my daddy's birthday, and since we couldn't afford to get him a gift this year I wanted to at least make him a nice card. The problem is, I'm pretty new to card making. I was going for something masculine yet nice-looking, and I think I did succeed at that. I know this is very simple, but for me, it is a great triumph. Except for one part...see if you can spot it.

Yup, I got red ink on my fingers and it smudged on the front of the card! To top it off, I sealed up the card in the envelope before realizing that I'd taken a horrible photo of it--it looked fine in the preview. When I went to give it to him, I found that the acid-free glue stick I had used had not been strong enough to adhere the paper permanently, and the card began falling apart!
Craft Fail, anyone?"

I have learned a lot since then but am still working on finding the ultimate adhesive for cardmaking. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments civil and free of profanity. If you know my daughter's name, please do not post it here. Just refer to her as The Precious. Thank you!