September 4, 2012

Not Your Granny's Potholders!

It just occurred to me that for a blog with "balls of yarn" in the title, there has been very little...or nothing? about actually using balls of yarn! Believe me, that is just an oversight. I have been crocheting fairly often considering my responsibilities and recently completed a set of three potholders. I wish with all my heart I could remember the Red Heart colourway because this yarn is fascinating. I think it is meant to be self-patterning but for the life of me I can't figure out what the pattern is supposed to be. I love it though because it has these wonderful black and white tweed sections and then lots of great 70s colours that seem to come in random order and in random amounts.






I used just single crochet so they'll be sturdy and reinforced the loops for the same reason. I think they turned out looking pretty cool (the pictures really don't do them justice because they wanted to curl a bit. They really are all the exact same size). I know from looking at what is available on etsy that they're not everyone's cup of tea. It seems double-crocheted pastels are what is popular, but I'm hoping that there is someone out there who likes things that are a bit different.

Buy my potholders!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments civil and free of profanity. If you know my daughter's name, please do not post it here. Just refer to her as The Precious. Thank you!