July 7, 2013

Still Smashing

I have been more busy than words can tell (except for the weirdly long naps I've had in the middle of the morning the last few days while Doldin watched The Precious, but I digress) and all of that busyness is going to make for a BUNCH of blog posts. As it is late and I need to wind down little bit, I will only post one little thing that I have done.

I finished some more Smashbook pages! Everyone who isn't into smashing can look away or groan or whatever it is that you poor things do. But I have to show you because it is a compulsion.

I was in a swap on Swap-bot called GIML (Glimpse Into My Life) 10 and we were given four options and had to pick two. I chose to go with the one in which you could only use a single shape over and over, and the one in which you made a silhouette. My shape of choice ended up being the rectangle, which is a bit boring I know, but I picked it because I have been wanting to do a certain layout ever since I got my Smashbook. See, I keep EVERYTHING. Did I mention that before? So I had all of these old ID cards in a box. Well, now they are not in the box anymore. And you will not be able to get any useful information from them because I have put Lisa Frank sticker backing paper over the top of the "good stuff." I may be stupid, but I'm not that stupid.



For my silhouette layout I traced Doldin's hand, then my hand inside it, and finally traced the little hand of The Precious inside of mine. The result is something that reminds me of prehistoric cave art, full of magic and mystery and power.



At this rate, my Smashbook is going to be all full by Christmas. Hmmm I wonder what on Arda I will ask Santa for?

By the way, just wanted to state that I am not in any way affiliated with or paid by the people who make Smashbook or anybody else who make anything. lol I wish I were. I would love to be paid by somebody or something for writing this stuff!

1 comment:

  1. I love your idea of the silhouette layout! Nice one! :)
    And why didn't I think of creating an album to put all my ids? I think if I look at the photos on the ids and trace how I look over the years it will be funny enough :P

    -- cfchai (Gain exposure to your blog 3!)

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments civil and free of profanity. If you know my daughter's name, please do not post it here. Just refer to her as The Precious. Thank you!