February 14, 2013

Happy Massacre Day! (KIDDING!)

Years and years ago, when I was in middle school and had just developed an interest in classic crime, I thought it would be horribly funny (pun definitely intended) to make a sick but silly Al Capone Valentine's Day card. For those who didn't get it, this is because he is the person generally believed to be responsible for the infamous St. Valentine's Day Massacre, in which men dressed in police uniforms corralled six of Bugs Moran's men into a garage and shot them up with tommy guns.

Interestingly, the violent deaths of six gangsters horrified the nation and served to convince them that something had to change. Either the times have changed or people feel differently about rooms full of school children than they do about criminals.

But I digress.

Anyway, despite my horror of war and violence and such, I guess I have a dreadful sense of humour, because now that I have GIMP, I finally have made some Valentine's Day cards. I'm only going to share one of them here.

Hope you enjoy it in spite of yourself.

Happy Valentine's Day!



PS. I am offering this for free, to be printed and given away as you like. However, it may not be sold either in printed or in file form without my consent. If I catch you, you're toast. And remember, I have read up on this stuff, so I know all of the methods ;)

1 comment:

  1. Love this Card! I may have to make one next year ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments civil and free of profanity. If you know my daughter's name, please do not post it here. Just refer to her as The Precious. Thank you!