Back in December I received a comment on my "Thank You, Everyone" post saying a fellow blogger, Sara at A Ghoul's Best Friend, had nominated me for a Liebster Award. I had never heard of this and am trying to be very careful that I get it all right. It's an award that you pass on to a a fellow blogger to show that you enjoy their blog. This way you can learn about them, share about yourself, and get more readers for everybody involved! Sweet, right?
First off, for those of you that I end up sending this Liebster Award to here are the rules!
1. Each person tagged must post 11 things about themselves.
2. They must also answer the 11 questions the tagger has set for them.
3. They must create 11 more questions to ask bloggers they have decided to tag.
4. They must then choose 11 special bloggers WHO HAVE LESS THAN 200 FOLLOWERS to tag & award with the Liebster award
5. These bloggers must be told in a comment on their blog
So, here goes.
11 Things About Me
1. I was married with an elvish wedding band. (So was my husband).
2. Sometimes I think that if reincarnation were real, I must be Louisa May Alcott.
3. I hate onions. I have to read all of the labels to make sure I don't buy anything with onions in it.
4. I'm addicted to paperdolls--buying them, drawing them, making them, thinking about making them...
5. When I am alone or very happy, I sing opera loudly.
6. I would love to work for Mythbusters!
7. I talk in my sleep and sometimes walk too.
8. I have only two phobias: the fear of large grasshoppers, and the fear of gory/violent movies and tv shows. Unless you count claustrophobia...hmmm
9. When I was a kid I wanted to be Nancy Drew.
10. I believe that just about everything is better with ginger in it, and I cook accordingly.
11. I sometimes watch British shows and movies just to get my fix for that gorgeous greenness that can't be found anywhere else on earth.
Here are my answers to Sara's questions.
1. What is your favorite season and why?
Autumn, because of the cool weather, bright leaves, Halloween, and that general feel of electricity in the air.
2. If you could live in any US city which one would it be and why?
This is hard...I like where I am, and would prefer to move to England if anywhere. But I guess if I had to pick a place in the USA it would be either Williamsburg, Virginia, because it is beautiful and so full of history, or one of the towns on Whidbey Island, in Washington state. I loved the foghorns and sea mist in the mornings and the great green ferns everywhere... Both would be better than Florida climate-wise too! I would love to live somewhere with snow.
3. If you were in a horror movie where an escaped mental patient was hacking people to bits, do you think you would be a survivor?
I just might. I've survived a lot already that I never would've thought possible. I would be the quiet one that everyone forgets about...until I either talk down the loony (I actually have a little experience!) or bring him/her down with a few of my ballet kicks.
4. What is your favorite color?
Green, especially emerald green.
5. Dogs or cats?
6. If someone gave you $1000 today, what would you most likely do with it?
Pay bills! I know that's not exciting but it's necessary.
7. What is your favorite perfume or cologne?
Poison Ivy by Demeter
8. What is your favorite memory of 2012?
This one is hard, but I think it is probably the rainy day when The Precious was just crawling around and figured out how to turn her Twilight Turtle on. Watching the wonder in her eyes grow as she projected stars across her face and then all over the walls while the rain pattered on the tin roof of our new house...it was just beyond words.
9. What is one thing you would change about yourself if you could?
My temper! I would love to be the sort of person who can keep anger inside without soon turning into a volcano.
10. What is a song that you can't stand so much that it makes you change the station as soon as it comes on the radio?
I don't know the name but it has a chorus that starts with "So you had a bad day..."
That song can give me a bad day!
11. If you were a member of the opposite sex for 24 hours, what would you do?
I would go hiking and camping alone in the wilderness without having to worry about being raped or having to find a bathroom. FREEDOM!
Here are my picks for the Liebster Award (in no particular order):
Simple Sweet Yarns
Lost in Dictation (I hope it's okay to pick your husband--I really do enjoy his blog)
The Things I Do
American Girl Fan Club by Sky
My Sweet Peace
Blythe Doll Blog
Sew Knit Me
Girl Once Known As
Simply, Sara Jean
You folks need to answer the following questions in a post like this one.
1. What is your favourite musical?
2. If you could have a superpower, what would it be?
3. If you could be any animal for one day, which would you choose and why?
4. What song best describes your life?
5. What character from a book is most like you?
6. Of all foods in the world, which is the most disgusting to you?
7. What slogan or catchphrase annoys you most?
8. Who is your greatest source of inspiration? Can be anyone, living, dead, or make-believe.
9. What is your dream vacation?
10. Complete this sentence/thought. "If everyone just (insert your idea here) the world would be a better place."
11. If you could own any car ever made, what would you pick?
Okay, enjoy! And please feel free to the link to your Liebster Award post as a comment on this post... who knows, you may get some more views and some new readers!