November 28, 2012

Duct Tape + Hot Glue=Steampunk?

While I haven't gone all into the steampunk thing, I do like a lot of the clothing items I have seen. Due to their elaborateness, however, they are out of my price range and I don't have the time or space to make them (those skirts require a LOT of fabric!). I am hat crazy so I have especially enjoyed seeing the resurgence of top hats for men and now for women. This project allows the maker to create their own unique top hat, complete with lots of cool steampunky details, out of a cheapo plastic party top hat (to use as a form), duct tape, paint, etc. The part that amazed me is that the seams and rivets and such are actually made of streams of hot glue, which is usually overlooked as a crafting medium.


See Diy Duct Tape Steampunk Top Hat and 1000's of others - or share your own on Cut Out + Keep

Who knew duct tape could be so steampunk?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments civil and free of profanity. If you know my daughter's name, please do not post it here. Just refer to her as The Precious. Thank you!