October 13, 2012

What I Want for Fall: Dresses


Dresses

Dresses and skirts are my favourite garments--largely due to their comfort, believe it or not. And I guess there is something of the romantic in me that prefers dresses to trousers just for aesthetic purposes. The PreRaphaelite look will probably always be my favourite; it's just too bad that I can no longer fit my dear old favourite vintage Gunne Sax dresses! But I digress. The purpose of this is to show dresses that are actually available now that I would buy if I could. Hmm, I think I can manage that.

I must begin with Vivienne! I love the drapery of this dress (and the fact that it looks like it was actually designed for a real woman). I know most people think of white as a spring and summer colour, but just imagine this with gray (or bright blue or deep purple) patterned tights and ankle boots!

Apron Fish Dress--White

It's funny; I hate militarism and love military styling.


Femme Arsenal Military Dress

I love anything fishnet and actually designed dresses with fishnet portions similar to this back when I was in high school. I was so excited to see that someone else had the idea and was actually able to carry it out.


Fishnet Fashionista

I keep ending up at Victorian Trading Company!

There is something about this romantic old-fashioned dress that appeals to me.

Dusty Violette Dress

I would love to have this to wear to the opera. Then I would love to have a chance to go to the opera!
Grecian Empire Gown

There's something a bit mad about this dress--Ophelia singing bawdy songs and picking flowers springs to mind. I want it!


And for one last dress, a casual one for a change, I like this unusual little number from a very unusual company. Western looks are big this year and I can see a dress like this paired with some of those gorgeous designer cowgirl boots.


Iridescent Copper Dress

The bad thing is that I could find a hundred dresses at least that I want badly enough to share here. I think I had better let this be the end of this post, or it could go on forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments civil and free of profanity. If you know my daughter's name, please do not post it here. Just refer to her as The Precious. Thank you!