October 5, 2012

The Precious in her "Tea Cozy Crown" From Charmed Knits

I love so many projects in the Harry Potter-inspired book, Charmed Knits but I am still very much a novice when it comes to knitting--I just found out that I cannot purl yet, for instance, though I thought I had been purling for several years! So there is only one project from the entire book that I have made, though to my credit (I hope) I have made it several times. The simple garter stitch "Tea Cozy Crown" inspired by Dobby's hat in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire is such a cute and easy baby hat that I have made several.

I have only kept one, though, and it is the one that I made before I even got pregnant. I knew it would be for my future baby. What I didn't know is that it would be a long time before that baby would be able to wear it! For her first winter, the hat was too large. Now that it is just beginning to get the littlest bit coolish, it is looking as though the hat will be too small. I guess for it to fit perfectly she should have worn it in May. Oh well. It is still awfully cute!



It's too bad she doesn't like to wear hats for very long yet!

To get the book that has the pattern in it, of course, first try your local independent bookstore! If you cannot find it any other way, here it is on Amazon.

Charmed Knits by Alison Hansel


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments civil and free of profanity. If you know my daughter's name, please do not post it here. Just refer to her as The Precious. Thank you!