October 1, 2012

Countdown to Halloween: Cross Stitch a Jack-o-Lantern

In my family we have always carved a real pumpkin, with my sister and I taking turns choosing the shapes of the features and my mama doing the carving. Since I've been married my husband and I have kind of continued that idea, except for last year when I was so sick with a stomach bug that I ended up pretty much unconscious for a few days. We ended up not carving our pumpkin at all and instead set it on our porch to see how long it would last. Despite an insanely hot winter, that pumpkin was fine for four or five months!
Elsie Marley, however, has found a unique way of creating a jack-o-lantern that will never go bad. I still can't believe it, but she has found a way to cross stitch a design onto a dollar store foam pumpkin! How cool is that?


How to Cross Stitch on a Pumpkin

Trust me, this one has to be seen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments civil and free of profanity. If you know my daughter's name, please do not post it here. Just refer to her as The Precious. Thank you!