October 3, 2012

I Has a Fail, Thanks to Wal Mart

Today I made the mistake of getting a copy of a key made at Wal Mart and trying to open the door with it. Important clue as to what is to come: the bloody key is made from ALUMINIUM! (What were they thinking? I didn't notice until the adventure had already occurred.)
I inserted it in the (deadbolt) lock and it lodged in really hard without me trying to push it in hard. It wouldn't unlock the door and suddenly was going around way further than a key should. It also wouldn't come out. Nothing I did would remove it. Turns out it had broken inside the lock on the first try! This was a brand new key that I had made today. Thanks to this stupid key I was locked outside with a baby at lunchtime, had to buy food out, and had to drag my daddy out of his sickbed to come and help. We are in the house now but it looked for a while like I was going to have to call a locksmith. I still have a piece of key stuck in the lock! Now we're going to have to replace the lock on the door and a lock on the window we forced open.
Moral of the story: DON'T BUY WALMART KEYS!
I made one of my photos into a Failblog submission. Click the link to vote me up!

Wal Mart Key Fail

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments civil and free of profanity. If you know my daughter's name, please do not post it here. Just refer to her as The Precious. Thank you!