September 19, 2012

J.K. Rowling Gets Mysterious

Like most of the world, I was left wondering what I would read when Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows was exhausted. Of course, life has gone on and I have found plenty of great books since then. The publication of Tales of Beedle the Bard helped too. And yet, a part of me has been longing for another work by J.K. Rowling, especially since she had said in an interview that she had thoughts of writing an adult mystery novel. Mysteries used to make up the bulk of my reading material, so this was welcome news. Years passed, however, and nothing but Pottermore was announced.

Until recently, that is. I was so surprised to see a sign at Wal Mart advertising a new work, The Casual Vacancy, by Rowling to be released September 27th. Not only is it the long-awaited novel for adults, but it is a mystery as well! Being broke, I am going to have to wait a while to get my hands on this book (darn those $35 hardcovers!) but it will be fun to have something new by such a good author to look forward to.

For more information about the plot, here is a link to the book's page on Fantastic Fiction.

The Casual Vacancy

Yes, you can preorder on Amazon, but your local independent bookseller will probably be able to preorder it for you too. Please check with it first! Let's keep the big chains from taking over our country and forcing small business owners out of work.
For more reasons to support your local independent bookstore, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments civil and free of profanity. If you know my daughter's name, please do not post it here. Just refer to her as The Precious. Thank you!