March 10, 2013

Nerdy Quote of the Week


“A room without books is like a body without a soul.”
― Marcus Tullius Cicero



Obviously, I agree 100%. I also think that a house should have a room just for books if at all possible, and am so grateful that now we do. I have to admit, though, there is still a lot of work to be done. A lot of the books remain in boxes. There do not seem to be enough shelves for all of them. Worst of all, there are books that I know we own, but which I cannot find for the life of me.

So I have decided to make it a priority to get this room in order and make it easy to find every single book. To that end I spent several hours last night unpacking and shelving, organizing and culling.

The funny thing, though, is that I know that even when the library is completely functional, I will still end up with stacks of books everywhere else in the house. They will be piled next to my bed, on a chair in the kitchen, on top of my sewing desk, etc. And I really do not care. Books make the house look happy. Or maybe they just make me happy.

Either way, I am so blessed to live in a time when it is easy to possess large numbers of books so that my house can be full of soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments civil and free of profanity. If you know my daughter's name, please do not post it here. Just refer to her as The Precious. Thank you!