January 23, 2013

A Useful Excursion

The Precious had a doctor's appointment today in a town far, far away from here. It is also a town that is much bigger than the one in which we live, with lots of crafting stores that we normally do not have access to. So I decided to use the opportunity to find a bobbin case for my sewing machine.

Believe it or not, mine broke.

I didn't know they could.

Though I'd been told that Hancock Fabrics didn't have bobbin cases, I ran in just in case. Of course, I couldn't pass up the fat quarter section while I was there. I am so glad I looked, because I found the best fabric ever! In fact, I guess you could say I found the best fabric ever times three, because there were three fat quarters I just had to have.


Yep, there are cats printed on these fabrics! Exquisite, elegant cats made of toile and florals :D




How could I pass those up? I plan to use them to make some new pillows--not that we need any more really!

The lady at Hancock's told me of a local store where I could probably get the sewing machine part that I needed, and sure enough, she was right! I was even able to get a used one.


I tried it in my machine as soon as I got in and it fits, so now I can sew again! I feel so liberated!

PS. The electronics kit in the background belongs to my husband, in case anyone is curious. I don't trust myself with wires. I still have bad memories of grabbing an electric fence when I was about two years old!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments civil and free of profanity. If you know my daughter's name, please do not post it here. Just refer to her as The Precious. Thank you!